The Benicia Community Foundation makes the following commitments to our donors, stakeholders, volunteers, and one another:
- Integrity: An abiding pledge to trust, honesty, professionalism, civility, and respect.
- Excellence: In our every endeavor and public representation.
- Collaboration: Working together as a team, no one person or organization can address the community’s many needs.
- Knowledge: We strive to be a source of knowledge for our community. To exemplify this, we consistently train and educate our Board, members, and staff to better serve our community, donors, and constituents.
BCF is a local organization supported and led by thoughtful and engaged people who care about the City of Benicia. They all live, work, and/or grew up in Benicia.
- The board, staff, subject matter experts, and volunteers continually cultivate a deeper knowledge about the issues and opportunities that shape our community and monitor community needs and opportunities in various areas.
- The team always works at the local level, using knowledge and relationships to find the best return on every donor’s philanthropic investment. collaborate with community leaders to build the capacity of local communities to meet the needs of residents.
- BCF is building permanent resources and capital to support our community.
As a non-profit foundation, BCF must create flexibility in its community investment strategies to work with partners across the non-profit sector to meet community needs.
“The Benicia Community Foundation grant will make a significant difference to Carquinez Village. We are investing it in ways that will strengthen our technological capacity–which is critical if we are to serve our members and stay abreast of the times.”
“I would like to express my gratitude to the BCF for their gracious grant to support the Benicia Makerspace. This is especially beneficial to us as, due to the Covid pandemic, we haven’t been able to host our annual STEAM Discovery Festival Fundraiser.”